Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Scalp Treatment\ sal-a-sil-ik \ a-sed \ skalp \ treet-muhnt \
Oil and flake control serum
- Pre wash
- Post wash
- Shampoo / Conditioner
Exfoliating the scalp is vital to remove dead skin and product build up and give the roots the chance to thrive and lift versus being weighed down. It's a common mistake to think that a flaky and itchy scalp is caused by a dry scalp. In almost all cases, a dry flaky scalp is caused by over production of oil by the sebaceous gland located near the hair follicles.
To tackle itchiness, flakiness and excessive oil build up, we have created a lightweight serum which combines 3 key ingredients. Salicylic Acid works to remove the build-up through gently exfoliating the scalp, and similarly to its role in skincare, it also helps to balance oil levels production. The two other ingredients, FLUIDIPURE™ 8G and PANTHENOL respectively help to reduce scalp’s redness and to hydrate and
Who is it for?
Good for; All hair types
Great for; Oily, itchy and flaky scalps
100% of respondents felt their scalp and hair was less oily*
*After 28 days of use, 100% of respondents felt their scalp and hair was less oily
- 2% SALICYLIC ACID; helps to exfoliate and reduce the appearance of an oily scalp
- 2.5% FLUIDIPURE™ 8G; helps to reduce the scalp's redness
- 1% PANTHENOL; helps to hydrate and moistuize hair
For more information on this product see askINKEY below.
How to use
FOR BEST RESULTS:
- We recommend shaking the bottle before use.
- Use as a pre-shampoo treatment.
- Shake into the palm of your hand, massage hands together and use your fingertips to rub into scalp. Apply enough to cover entire scalp. Leave on for 10 minutes then wash hair as normal. Use 1 - 2 times a week.
Alternatively, you can also incorporate this in your routine and use with your shampoo and conditioner as a boost.
“As a big fan of Salicylic Acid, The INKEY List’s new Salicylic Acid Treatment for the scalp sounded intriguing. I tried it and the occasional flakes and itchiness were gone after one use." - Hyram